and Grant Shih, VP, IT development and enterprise architecture, Carter’s. The panel
examined the 12th Annual
RIS News/IHL Group Store
Systems Study — the first
major study of 2015 — and
provided insight and context
to the findings.
Prior to Sunday’s official
kick-off of the event, RIS was
on hand for the sixth annual
SuperSaturday event presented by RetailROI which raised
$400,000 in charitable contributions and had standing-room-only attendance to see
Katie Meyler, founder of More
Than Me and the recipient of
a recent Time Magazine’s Person of the Year cover story. In
addition to Meyler, the strong
agenda featured speakers
from Chico’s, Nordstrom, Hudson’s Bay Company, Sur La Table, Google, Gartner, Forrester
On Monday night RIS hosted
its sixth Annual Rock & Roll Retail event that saw over 250 retailers flood into the Hard Rock
Café in Times Square to see
their peers take to the stage.
And the Winner Is…
The NRF held its annual
awards session on Monday,
honoring retailers who demonstrate exceptional industry leadership and innovation. The prestigious Gold
Medal award was presented
to Home Depot’s Chairman
Frank Blake. The former CEO
of the nation’s biggest home
improvement chain oversaw
the retailer’s rejuvenation
during his seven years at the
helm. His focus on customers and associates propelled
• Mitchells new e-commerce engine from Thought Works was on display
— the upscale retailer has built its reputation on customer service and is
taking that experience into the digital world. One of the most interesting
features of the website is the customer’s ability to interact with their personal stylist that they have built a relationship with in-store.
• Half Price Books selected PCMS, an independent provider of enterprise and store-level software solutions to the retail industry, leveraging
the VISION BeanStore POS system for its stores nationwide. PCMS is in
the process of rolling out the system at all 117 Half Price Books stores.
• Chico’s FAS is using MongoDB to customize product and application data on their in-store touchscreen, called “Tech Tables.” The touchscreen connects online and in-store channels to create a highly engaging
• Stage Stores implemented Ingenico Group with Chase Paymentech
point-to-point encryption for its 900 stores across the U.S.
• Home Hardware, Canada’s largest dealer-owned hardware and furniture cooperative, completed an implementation of Shopatron’s
e-commerce fulfillment platform for in-store pickup.
• Save Mart Supermarkets entered a multi-year agreement for
Revionics’ SaaS-based Price Optimization Solution and its Advanced Analytics services, which include the Key Value Item Analysis and Store Cluster Analysis.
• Delhaize America has selected Verifone’s multi-media, EMV and
NFC-capable MX 925 payment terminals to enhance consumer engagement at the point of sale across all of its U.S. locations.
• BJ’s Wholesale announced that it adopted Esri’s location analytics solutions to aid in real estate research strategy and business insight analysis.
• GameStop is using Microsoft Azure to stream video game content
and promotional materials to mobile devices within its stores.
• Build-A-Bear Workshop will implement TXT Retail Planning, including merchandise, store, pre- and in-season planning across channels.
Retail Powers into 2015 with Tech Rollouts
Joe Olson of Empower Software gives RIS his take on
some of the big issues facing retailers today.